Definitions and interpretation
Data – collectively all information that you submit to Find My Locals via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
Find My Locals, we or us – Find My Locals, registered office is at: Apt23933, ChynowethHouse, Trevissome Park,Truro, TR4 8UN
Tel 0333 012 2000, email:- firstname.lastname@example.org
User or you – any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Find My Locals and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Find My Locals and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
5. Telephone conversations may also be recorded for quality, monitoring and training purposes.
Our use of Data
6. For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Find My Locals is the “data controller”.
7. We will retain any data you submit for 6 months.
8. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your data will not be disclosed to third parties. This our affiliates and/or other companies within our group.
9. All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
Third Party Websites and Services
11. Find my locals may, from time to time, employ the services of third party companies to carry out data and payment processing as well as postal services all necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal data provided by users and advertisers of this website.
Links to other Websites
Changes of business ownership and control
14. We may also disclose data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
15. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
16. Wherever you are required to submit data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that data. This may include the following:
17. Use of data for direct marketing purposes; and
18. Sharing data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
19. To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain data.
Accessing your own Data
20. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Find My Locals (where such data is held) on payment of a small fee, which will not exceed £10.
21. Data security is of great importance to Find My Locals and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected via this website.
22. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal data however, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done so at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your data transmitted to the Website.
25. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
27. We do not store credit card details
28. We may collect technical data about the type of Internet browser and computer operating system that you use. This information does not identify you as an individual and is used only for tracking of site use. We might also place a “cookie” on your hard drive that will help us to identify you when you return to the site and allow us to tailor content to your personal preferences. If you do not wish to use “cookies” you may disable this option in your Internet browser settings. “cookies” can be removed from your computer.
You may contact Find My Locals by email at email@example.com
Cookies enable us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- Allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests
- Speed up your searches
- Allow you to more easily find previously viewed content when you return
The main purposes of the cookies we use are:
- Session – to allow the user to navigate our sites more easily; for example you don’t have to go in as a new user every time.
- Analytics – to improve the user experience of the site by providing statistics on how the site is used.
- Authentication – this enables us to identify you and therefore where appropriate, personalise information for you.
- Advertising – Our third party cookies allow advertisers to display on the websites you visit, relevant offers based on your consumption habits as well as measure the performance of their advertising campaigns. To work, this service is based on the deposit of a cookie on your browser when opening an email or your visit to the site of one of our partners. They only tell us your encrypted email address in an irreversible way and thus allowing us to create a technical key associated with our cookies. By depositing our cookies some technical information can be automatically collected (such as IP, your operating system or your browser type). Our cookies do not track your navigation. We do not store any information related to your connection. You can at any time easily oppose the deposit of our cookie
You can refuse to accept all or some cookies by modifying settings within your browser You may also delete all cookies on your browser
Please remember that if you block the session cookies you may be unable to access certain parts of our sites.
Last Updated 22/05/18